Yoshino Cherry Prunus Yedoensis Seeds Ying Hua
Grow in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Best in full sun. Tolerates heat and humidity, but not drought. Adaptable to a wide range of soils.
Prunus × yedoensis, commonly called Yoshino cherry, is a graceful ornamental flowering cherry tree that typically grows 30-40’ tall with a spreading, broad-rounded, open crown. Fragrant white (sometimes tinged pink) flowers in 3 to 6-flowered clusters (racemes) appear before or simultaneous to the emergence of the foliage in a profuse and spectacular early spring bloom. Flowers are followed by small black cherries (1/2” diameter) which are bitter to humans but loved by birds. Serrate, dark green leaves (to 5” long) are elliptic to oval. Foliage turns yellow and with bronze tints in fall. This hybrid cherry comes from Japan and is one of the predominant cherry trees planted in Washington D.C.
Genus name from Latin means plum or cherry tree.
Specific epithet means of Yedo (now Tokyo), Japan.
Cherries are susceptible to a large number of insect and disease pests. Potential diseases include leaf spot, die back and leaf curl. Potential insects include aphids, scale, borers, caterpillars and Japanese beetles. Spider mites may also be troublesome.
Spring flowers are the best ornamental feature. Excellent small to medium-sized tree for lawns, along streets, adjacent to decks or patios. Effective as a specimen or in groups.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh