Wild Mint Mentha Arvensis Seeds Bo He
Mentha arvensis L.,
薄荷 bo he
Sp. Pl. 577. 1753. Benth. in DC., Prodr. 12: 171. 1848; Hook. f., Fl. Brit. Ind. 4: 648. 1885; Briquet in Bull. Soc. Bot. Geneve 5: 42. 1889; Mukerjee in Rec. Bot. Surv. Ind. 14, 1: 86. 1940; Wealth of India, Raw Materials 6: 338. 1962; Tscherneva in Grubov et al., Pl. As. Central. 5: 91. 1970; Stewart, Ann. Cat. Vasc. Pl. W. Pak. & Kashm. 617. 1972; Tucker et al. in Taxon 29: 236. 1980; Rech. f., Fl. Iran. 150: 556. 1982.
Vern.: Field mint; corn mint; "Podina".
Perennial with white creeping rhizomes. Stems erect or ascending, simple or branched above, often purplish below, quadrangular, leafy, with a ± sparse indumentum of eglandular simple, usually retrorse, hairs. Leaves ovate to ovate-elliptic, 2-5 x 1.2-2 cm, serrulate to serrate, acute, cuneate, on both surfaces with ± adpressed eglandular hairs, gland-dotted below; petiole up to 10 mm on lower leaves. Flowers all in axils of middle and upper leaves. Verticillasters all distant, many-flowered, sub-globose, c. 1.5 cm in diameter. Bracts linear-lanceolate, longer than the c. 2-3 mm erect-spreading pedicels. Calyx tubular-campanulate, 2-3 mm, pilose with eglandular hairs, gland-dotted or not; teeth subequal, triangular, c. 0.5 mm, scarcely acuminate; fruiting calyx scarcely enlarging, green, brown or pinkish. Corolla white or pale lilac, 4-4.5 mm; tube rather broad, as long as calyx or slightly exserted; lobes ± erect, broad, rounded. Nutlets 4, globose c. 1 x 1 mm, smooth, rounded.
Fl. Per.: July-September.
Lectotype (selected by Tucker et al., l.c. 236 and fig. 8): in herb Linnaeus (S).
Distribution: throughout Eurasia and into tropical Asia.
Uncommon, or at least seldom-collected, in our area. Easily distinguished by all the verticillasters borne in the axils of the middle/upper leaves and the glabrous-throated calyx.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh