White Sesame Sesamum Indicum Seeds Bai Zhi Ma
How To Benefit From Nutritious Sesame Seeds
“Open Sesame!” were the words spoken by Ali Baba in the Arabian Nights to open the door to the robbers’ treasure.Open Sesame, describes how the sesame seed pod bursts open when it reaches maturity.
Sesame is known in Africa as “benne” or good luck.
From what we learned in the 20 Huge Health Benefits of Sesame, we can have lots of good luck in our body by eating them.
Sesame seeds are not just luck, they’re an amazing source of health benefits. Sesame seeds are packed with nutrition.
We have been told we must drink milk for healthy bones, but sesame provides calcium and other benefits without the dairy problems.Sesame has been used throughout history in many forms.
Sesame Seed Trivia:
Did you know that India ink comes from the black residue from using sesame oil in lamps?
Fragrant flowers were dipped in sesame oil and then used for bathing and hair dressing.
A thousand years ago, the Assyrians, believed that their gods drank sesame wine before creating the earth.
To prolong youth, women in ancient Babylon would eat halva made up of honey and roasted sesame seeds.
In India, sesame seeds are used in sacred rituals, they are a symbol of immortality.
Myanmar, also known as Burma, has the greatest world production of sesame. In 2010, it produced millions of tons of sesame seeds, 18.84 percent of world production.
How to Store:
Sesame contains unsaturated fats, so it is best to store it in a cool dark place in an airtight container, to avoid them turning rancid.
Properly stored dry seeds generally stay fresh for several months.
Always store hulled white seeds in the refrigerator. White sesame seeds have had the hulls removed; they contain 2 to 3 percent oxalic acid, which can interfere with the absorption of calcium and give a bitter flavor.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh