Trifoliate Orange Poncirus Trifoliata Seeds Gou Ju
Grow in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Prune as needed after flowering. May not be reliably winter hardy in northern parts of USDA Zone 5 where it should be sited in a protected location.
Poncirus trifoliata, commonly called hardy orange, a citrus relative, is a thorny, well-branched, deciduous shrub or small tree which typically grow 8-15' (less frequently to 20') tall. Three-lobed (trifoliate as per the species name) leaves emerge yellowish-green in spring, turn glossy dark green in summer and fade to yellow in autumn. Spiny, dark green stems. Fragrant, white, 4-7 petaled flowers (to 2" diameter) appear singly in spring. Flowers give way to 1-2.5" diameter fruits (miniature downy hardy oranges) which ripen to an attractive yellow in the fall. Fruits of this citrus relative are edible (lemony flavor), but are very acidic and seedy. Fruits can used to make marmalade (use peel zest and pulp), but are usually left on the tree where they persist well into winter and often provide significant ornamental interest.
Genus name comes from the French word poncire a kind of citron.
Specific epithet refers to the three-lobed leaves.
No serious insect or disease problems. Thorns are vicious.
A classic hedgerow plant that is virtually impenetrable due to its formidable thorns. Makes an excellent hedge, particularly for remote or uncommonly frequented areas of the landscape. Also an effective accent or specimen in the sense of being an interesting and unusual plant.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh