Syzygium Operculatum Cleistocalyx Operculatus Seeds Shui Weng
Cleistocalyx Operculatus 水翁
Cleistocalyx operculatus, also known as C. nervosum (DC.) Kosterm., Eugenia operculata Roxb., 1832, Syzygium nervossum DC., 1828, Syzygium operculatum (Roxb.) Nied., 1893), is a medium-sized tree of about 10 meters in height with pale brown bark and dull green leaves.
The tree is native to tropical Asia, extending as far north as Guangdong and Guangxi in China and as far south as the Northern Territory of Australia.
The leaves of C. operculatus are elliptical, obovate and glaborous, measuring 7-9 cm in length.
Flowers cluster as greenish white trachomatous panniculus. The blossoms have 4 petals.
The 7-12 cm diameter fruits are ovoid with a concave tip and a wrinkled texture. The fruits turn purplish upon ripening.
The leaves and buds of C. operculatus are harvested, dried, and brewed as an herbal tea in Vietnam with stomachic properties.
Shui Weng (Cleistocalyx operculatus)
The drug is the dried root, dried or fresh bark or leaf or dried flower bud of Cleistocalyx opercula turn (Roxb.) Merr. Et Perry (Family Mytaceae), growing and cultivated along streams or rivers, and distributed in Guangdong, Hainan, Guangxi and Yunnan of China.
Leaf or flower bud contains flavonoids, phenols, ursolic acid, cinnamic acid, gallic acid, β-sitosterol, sugars, etc.
Actions and Indications
Root, bark, leaf or flower bud is used as antipyretic, diaphoretics, parasiticide, antipruritic, and to remove food stagnancy. Root is used for the treatment of jaundice, etc. Bark is externally used for the treatment of burn, leprosy, pruritus of skin, tinea pedis, eczema, cut, etc. Leaf is externally used for acute mastadenitis, etc. Flower bud is used for cold, fever, dysentery, vomitting and indigestion.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh