Sweet Viburnum Viburnum Odoratissimum Seeds Shan Hu Shu
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 7-9 where it is easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Best growth occurs with consistent and even moisture. This is an evergreen shrub, but it tends to be semi-evergreen to deciduous near the far northern edge of its growing range. Plants generally appreciate some afternoon shade in hot summer climates. If growth is attempted in USDA Zone 6, plants should be sited in protected locations and given a good winter mulch.
Viburnum odoratissimum, commonly called sweet viburnum, is an evergreen shrub or small tree that grows to as much as 20' tall. It is native from the Himalayas to Japan. Common name is in obvious reference to its fragrant funnel-shaped white flowers which bloom in conical terminal panicles (to 3-6" long) in late spring to early summer. Flowers give way to single-seeded red fruits (drupes) which mature to black. Fruits are attractive to birds. Thick, leathery, elliptic-ovate olive green leaves (to 3-8" long) are evergreen.
Genus name comes from the Latin name of a species plant.
Specific epithet means very fragrant.
No serious insect or disease problems. Potential disease problems include bacterial leaf spot, mildews and crown gall. Potential insect problems include aphids and scale.
Broadleaf evergreen shrub for informal hedges, screens, barriers, foundations, borders or open woodland areas. Fragrant late spring flowers, fall fruit and evergreen foliage make this an interesting and attractive landscape shrub.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh