Shrubby Sophora Sophora Flavescens Seeds Ku Shen
苦参 ku shen
Herbs or subshrubs, 1-2 m. Stem striped, pilose when young. Leaves 20-25(-30) cm; stipules lanceolate, 6-8 mm, acuminate; leaflets 13-25, elliptic, ovate, or lanceolate, 3-4(-6) × (0.5-)1.2-2 cm, papery, pilose or glabrescent abaxially, glabrous adaxially, base cuneate or slightly cordate, apex obtuse or acute. Racemes terminal, 15-25 cm. Flowers many, widely spaced; pedicel slender, ca. 7 mm; bracts linear, ca. 2.5 mm. Calyx campanulate, oblique; teeth not obvious, sparsely pubescent. Corolla white, pale yellow, purple-red, or red; standard obovate-spatulate, 14-15 × 6-7 mm, apex rounded or retuse, narrowing to a claw; wings rugose, claw equal to blade, ca. 13 mm; keel similar to wings, slightly broader, ca. 4 mm wide. Stamens 10, free or slightly fused at base. Ovary nearly sessile, hairy; ovules many; style slightly curved. Legumes 5-10 cm, slightly constricted between seeds, slightly quadrangular, sparsely or densely pubescent or glabrescent, 4-valvate. Seeds 1-5, red-brown or purple-brown, long ovoid, slightly compressed. Fl. Jun-Aug, fr. Jul-Oct.
Scrub, hill slopes, farm fields; below 1500 m. All provinces [India, Japan, Korea, Russia].
1 Corolla purple-red or red. 11c var. galegoides
+ Corolla white or pale yellow (2)
2 (1) Branchlets and leaflets pilose or glabrescent; legume sparsely hairy. 11a var. flavescens
+ Branchlets and leaflets densely brown villous; legume densely hairy. 11b var. kronei
Sophora flavescens var. flavescens
Sophora flavescens var. galegoides (Pallas) Candolle
Sophora flavescens var. kronei (Hance) C. Y. Ma
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh