Senna Obtusifolia Cassia Obtusifolia Seeds Jue Ming Zi
Vern.: Chakunda (Nadkarni, Ind. Mat. Med. 1: 289. 1954).
An erect subglabrous herb or undershrub, 0.5-2 m tall. Leaf stipulate, sti¬pule 5-10 mm long, linear, petiole 2-3 cm long, rachis 1-4 cm long, gland c. 2 mm long, present between lowest petiolules, petiolules c. 2.5 mm, leaflets 3 pairs, 1.5-6 cm long, 1.2-3 cm wide, obovate, upper surface glabrous, lower surface hairy, rounded at the top, apex minutely acute, base tapering, cuneate to acute, slightly oblique. Racemes short, peduncle c. 2 mm long, bearing 1-2 flowers. Bracts linear-acute, glabrous except the edges, 4-8 mm long, pedicel 1.2-3.5 cm long, in fruit up to 4.5 cm long, hairy. Sepals membranous, ovate, acute to rounded-ovate, 6-7 mm long, glabrous or hairy on edge. Petals unequal in size, more or less ovate, obtuse or rounded, 12-15 mm long, the upper petal truncate or emargi¬nate, narrow at the base, but claw indistinct. Stamens 10, 3 lower longest, 4 lateral smaller, 3 upper stamens staminodial. Ovary more or less glabrous, ribbed, style glabrous, stigma truncate. Pods subterete, glabrous to subglabrous, indehiscent, 10-25 cm long, 4-8 mm wide, septate, 20-50 seeded, seeds rhomboidal, dark brown, 4-5 mm long, albumen copious.
Fl. Per.: August-September.
Type: Hortus Elthamensis, Dellenius (OXF). Grown from seeds collected ‘circa Havanam in Cuba insula’. For further discussion see Brenan (l.c.).
Distribution: W. Pakistan, Punjab; Kashmir; distributed in the tropical regions of the world except Polynesia and Australia (Brenan, l.c. 1958).
The plant contains emodin.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh