Scots Pine Pinus Sylvestris Seeds Zhang Zi Song
Grow in moist, acidic, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerant of a variety of soil types, including poor soils, as long as the drainage is good. Plants prefer cool summer climates and dislike the heat and humidity of the deep South. Plants are generally tolerant of urban conditions.
Pinus sylvestris, commonly called Scots pine, is a fast-growing, conical to columnar, medium sized conifer with distinctive flaking orange/red-brown bark. It typically grows 30-60’ tall in cultivation, but may reach 100’ in the wild. It develops an open-rounded, irregular crown as it matures. It is a very widely distributed pine that is native to northern Europe and northern Asia, but has also naturalized in parts of the northeastern and north-central U.S. It is the only pine that is native to Great Britain. Plants will vary in habit, hardiness and needle appearance depending on their specific native geographical growing region. Scots pine generally features (1) twisted, blue-green needles (to 3” long) in bundles of two, (2) gray to light brown cones (to 3” long) and (3) scaly orange/red bark in upper part but darker red-brown near the base. The common name of scotch pine is still popular, but is now considered by some experts to be inappropriate.
Genus name comes from the Latin name for pines.
Specific epithet means of woods and forests.
Scots pine and its cultivars may be grown in the St. Louis area, but they will often struggle because of soil, climate and disease susceptibility. Sphaeropsis (Diplodia) tip blight can be a significant problem in some areas. Watch for pine wilt nematode. Sawflies, moths and scale may also appear.
This is an important timber tree in Europe. A large number of compact/dwarf cultivars of this species have become popular landscape plants for rock gardens, foundations and other small areas around the home. Commercially grown plants are commonly sold as Christmas trees.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh