Rose Mallow Lavatera Trimestris Seeds Hua Kui
Annual. Grow in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Appreciates some light afternoon shade in hot summer climates such as the St. Louis area. Sow seed directly in the garden in spring two weeks before the last frost date. For earlier bloom, start seed indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost date or purchase plants from local nurseries. Set plants out after last frost date. Taller plants may need staking or support. Deadhead spent flowers to extend bloom period. May self-seed in some areas. This annual can be difficult to grow well in the St. Louis area because it prefers summer climates with cool nights and moderate amounts of rain.
Lavatera trimestris, commonly called tree mallow, is an upright annual that grows in a shrubby form to 2-4’ tall. It is noted for its summer to early fall bloom of saucer-shaped, white to pink flowers (to 2-3” wide) that appear singly in the upper leaf axils. Rounded, medium green leaves (to 3” long) have heart-shaped bases and 3-7 shallow lobes. Good cut flower.
Genus name honors J.R. Lavater, 17th-century Swiss physician and naturalist in Zurich.
No serious insect or disease problems. Root rot and leaf spots may occur. Japanese beetles may chew on foliage and flowers.
Annual bedding plant. Containers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh