Rocket Larkspur Consolida Ajacis Seeds Fei Yan Cao
Cool weather annual. Easily grown from seed in loose, moderately rich, consistently moist, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerates some light afternoon shade in hot summer climates. Avoid wet soils. In southern climates, sow seed outdoors in fall. In northern climates sow seeds outdoors in early spring. For earlier bloom, sow seed indoors in individual peat pots about 8-10 weeks prior to last spring frost date. Space plants in the garden about 9-12” apart. Deadhead spent flowers to prolong bloom. Plants may self seed in the garden.
Consolida ajacis, commonly called giant larkspur, is native to the southern Europe and the Mediterranean region. It is a showy annual that grows 2-3’ (less frequently to 4’) tall on stems clad with deeply cut, palmate leaves. Blue flowers (uncommonly pink or white) bloom in showy spike-like racemes from late spring throughout summer in cool northern climates. In the deep South, plants tend to die out from the heat by mid summer. Each flower has a distinctive spur. Plants have escaped gardens and naturalized in many parts of the U. S. Dwarf to tall cultivars in single or double form expand plant flower colors to include various shades of pink, salmon, carmine, white, violet and lavender. Popular mixtures include Dwarf Hyacinth Series, Dwarf Rocket Series and Giant Imperial Series. Leaves, flowers and seeds are toxic if ingested. This larkspur is synonymous with and formerly known as Consolida ambigua. It was once included in the genus Delphinium.
Genus name comes from the Latin word meaning consolidate or make firm in reference to a former herbal use of plant materials to stop bleeding and heal wounds.
No serious insect or disease problems. Powdery mildew may occur.
Beds, borders and cottage gardens. Excellent cut flower for fresh or dried arrangements.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh