Persian Cyclamen Cyclamen Persicum Seeds Xian Ke Lai
Best grown in pots in light, organically rich, well-drained soils in part shade to full shade. Plants are only winter hardy to USDA Zones 9-11, and must be grown in containers or pots in the St. Louis area. Blooms in winter (December to April). Best with intense indirect indoor light in cool (65 degrees) locations. Plants go dormant in summer (lose most if not all leaves) and should be infrequently watered during this period. As cool fall temperatures arrive, plants begin to grow again and regular watering and fertilization should be resumed. May be grown from seed planted in late summer for first bloom the following winter (about 18 months later).
C. persicum is native to the eastern Mediterranean. Species flowers are rose-pink to lavender-white or white. Florist's cyclamen are frost-tender hybrids derived from C. persicum. They feature clumps of long-stalked basal dark green leaves often variegated with silver blotching or veining. Solitary flowers with twisted and reflexed petals bloom from winter to spring atop leafless stems rising 6-9" tall. These hybrids offer a much greater range of flower colors than the species, including violet, lavender, purple, pink, rose, red and white, often with red centers. In contrast to florist's cyclamen, the other type of cyclamen, species cyclamen, consists of a number of different species plants that typically are smaller (2-5" tall) and usually have much better winter hardiness (USDA Zones 5 to 8). C. hederifolium, for example, may be grown in the ground year-round in St. Louis with a protected location and winter mulch.
Genus name comes from the Greek word presumably from kylos meaning circle and referring to the rounded tubers.
Specific epithet means Persian.
Indoor pots, containers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh