Nageia Nagi Podocarpus Nagi Seeds Zhu Bai
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 8b-10 where it is easily grown in medium moisture, well-drained loams in full sun to part shade. Tolerates drought. Tolerates poor soils. May be propagated from seeds or cuttings. In the St. Louis area, it may not be grown in the ground, but can be grown as a houseplant or in containers that are kept outside during the frost-free growing season, but brought indoors in fall for overwintering. Container plants generally require more consistent watering. Container plants should be protected from full sun when taken outdoors.
Nageia nagi, sometimes commonly called nagi or Asian barberry, is a loose pyramidal tree to 30-40' (infrequently to 80') tall with a strong central leader and symmetrical branching. It sometimes grows as a large shrub. It is native to mountainous areas of China, Japan and Viet Nam. It features leathery, elliptic to ovate, glossy, dark green leaves (to 3" long and 1 1/2" wide) that are evergreen. Each leaf lacks a mid-rib but has numerous veins extending the length of the leaf. Exfoliating bark. Plants are dioecious (separate male and female trees). Globose "fruits" (each to 1/2" diameter) on female plants are covered with a plum-like bloom. Synonymous with and formerly known as Podocarpus nagi with common name of broadleaf podocarpus.
No serious insect or disease problems. Root rot may occur if soils are poorly-drained. Watch for sooty mold.
Tree or large shrub. Accent/specimen. Screen. Hedge. Foundations. Cut foliage is attractive in flower arrangements.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh