Midget Crabapple Malus Micromalus Seeds Xi Fu Hai Tang
西府海棠 xi fu hai tang
Malus domestica Borkhausen var. micromalus (Makino) Likhonos; M. microcarpa A. Savatier var. kaido (Siebold) Carrière; M. spectabilis Borkhausen var. kaido Siebold; M. spectabilis var. micromalus (Makino) Koidzumi; Pyrus micromalus (Makino) Makino.
Trees small, to 2.5–5 m tall. Branchlets purplish brown or dark brown, terete, slender, puberulous when young, glabrescent; buds dark purple, ovoid, glabrous, or scales tomentose at margin. Stipules caducous, linear-lanceolate, 4–6 mm, membranous, subglabrous, margin sparsely glandular denticulate, apex acuminate; petiole 2–3.5 cm, pubescent when young, glabrescent; leaf blade narrowly elliptic or elliptic, 5–10 × 2.5–5 cm, puberulous when young, glabrescent, base cuneate, rarely subrounded, margin serrate, apex acute or acuminate. Corymb umbel-like, 4–6 cm in diam., 4–7-flowered; bracts caducous, linear-lanceolate, membranous, margin entire, apex acuminate. Pedicel 2–3 cm, villous when young, glabrescent. Flowers ca. 4 mm in diam. Hypanthium white tomentose abaxially. Sepals triangular-ovate or triangular-lanceolate, 5–8 mm, ca. as long as or slightly shorter than hypanthium, abaxially pubescent, adaxially white tomentose, margin entire, apex acute or shortly acuminate. Petals pink, suborbicular or narrowly elliptic, ca. 1.5 cm, base shortly clawed, apex rounded. Stamens ca. 20, unequal, slightly shorter than petals. Styles 5, ca. as long as stamens, tomentose basally. Pome red, subglobose, 1–1.5 cm in diam.; impressed at apex, with cavity at base; fruiting pedicel 2–3 cm, subglabrous; sepals caducous or a few persistent. Fl. Apr–May, fr. Aug–Sep. 2n = 34*, 51*.
Commonly cultivated. Gansu, Guizhou, Hebei, Liaoning, Nei Mongol, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanxi, Yunnan, Zhejiang.
According to Bean (Trees Shrubs Hardy Brit. Isles, ed. 8, 2: 710), this taxon is a hybrid between Malus spectabilis and probably M. baccata.
In N China, this taxon is usually planted in gardens and parks for ornamental purposes and for its edible fruit. It is used as stock to graft Malus asiatica and M. pumila in some regions.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh