Lauraceae Taxonomy Phoebe Sheareri Seeds Zi Nan
紫楠 zi nan
Large to small trees, 5-15 m tall. Bark gray-white. Branchlets, petioles, and inflorescences densely yellowish brown or gray-blackish pubescent to tomentose. Petiole 1-2.5 cm; leaf blade obovate, elliptic-obovate, broadly oblanceolate, or oblanceolate, 8-27 × 2.5-9 cm, leathery, abaxially pubescent to villous, adaxially glabrous or hairy along veins, midrib and lateral veins adaxially impressed, lateral veins 8-13 pairs, curved, anastomosing at margin, veinlets numerous, densely reticulate, base attenuate, apex acute-acuminate or acute-caudate-acuminate. Panicles 7-15(-18) cm, branched at top of peduncle. Flowers 4-5 mm. Perianth subequal, ovate, hairy on both surfaces. Filaments hairy, particularly in 3rd series, those of 3rd series with sessile glands at base. Staminodes hairy. Ovary globose, glabrous; stigma indistinct or dish-shaped. Fruit ovoid, ca. 1 cm × 5-6 mm; fruiting pedicel somewhat or conspicuously thickened, hairy; persistent perianth lobes hairy on both surfaces, loose. Seed with solitary embryo, symmetrical on both sides. Fl. Apr-May, fr. Sep-Oct.
Mixed broad-leaved forests; usually below 1000 m. Anhui, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Sichuan, Yunnan, Zhejiang [Vietnam].
1 Leaf blade usually obovate to broadly oblanceolate, wider, 8-27 × 3.5-9 cm, abaxially always densely yellowish brown villous; fruiting pedicel somewhat thickened. 35a var. sheareri
+ Leaf blade oblanceolate, much narrower, 8-15 × 2.5-4 cm, sparsely pubescent abaxially when older; fruiting pedicel conspicuously thickened. 35b var. omeiensis
Phoebe sheareri var. omeiensis (Yen C. Yang) N. Chao
Phoebe sheareri var. sheareri
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh