Japanese White Pine Pinus Parviflora Seeds Wu Zhen Song
Grow in medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerant of a variety of soils types, including poor soils, as long as the drainage is good. Plants prefer cool summer climates and dislike the heat and humidity of the deep South. Plants are generally tolerant of urban conditions.
Pinus parviflora, commonly known as Japanese white pine, is a conical tree that will grow to 50-70’ tall in its native habitat, but is usually seen in the 20-40’ range in cultivation. It is a dense pine that tends to develop spreading branches and a somewhat flattened crown with age. Needles (to 3” long) in bundles of five are an attractive green, with each needle having an interior white stripe. Oval, reddish-brown cones to 4” long. Bark on younger trees is gray, aging to scaly dark gray.
In the U.S., the glaucous or blue-needled versions of this tree (e.g., P. parviflora ‘Glauca’) are popular landscape plants. Green-needled versions of this tree, as found in its native habitat, are both uncommonly found and rarely sold in the U.S. In order to bring more clarity to needle color variation matters, Pinus parviflora (Glauca Group) has now been established to cover the glaucous or blue-needled versions of this tree. P. parviflora‘Glauca’ has been eliminated as a cultivar with plants now included in Glauca Group.
Genus name comes from the Latin name for pines.
Specific epithet means small flowers.
Healthy, well-maintained trees usually have few major problems. These plants may struggle in the St. Louis area where environmental conditions do not favor most conifers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh