Hardy Rubber Tree Eucommia Ulmoides Seeds Du Zhong
Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soils in full sun to light shade. Best in full sun. Tolerates wide range of soil conditions except wet ones.
Eucommia ulmoides, commonly called hardy rubber tree, is typically grown as an ornamental shade tree because of its attractive glossy green foliage and its excellent resistance to insect and disease problems. It is native to China, but is possibly now extinct in the wild. It is a low-branching tree that typically grows 40-60’ tall with broad ascending branches and a rounded spreading crown. Dioecious with insignificant apetalous greenish brown male flowers (in clusters) and female flowers (solitary) on separate trees. Flowers bloom in April. Female flowers give way to flattened ash-like winged seeds (wings to 1.5” long). Serrate, elliptic to ovate, pointed, elm-like, glossy dark green leaves (3-6” long) remain attractive throughout the growing season. No fall color. As the common name suggests, rubber can in fact be made from the tree sap, but the extraction process is complicated and too costly for commercial application. Tear a leaf, break a twig or peel off some bark and a stringy latex-like sap appears.
Genus name comes from the Greek words eu meaning good and kommi meaning gum for the rubber gum of the tree.
Specific epithet means resembling elm (Ulmus) in reference to the similar leaf shape.
No serious insect or disease problems.
Shade tree for lawns or parks. Street tree.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh