Globe Amaranth Gomphrena Globosa Seeds Qian Ri Hong
Annual. Easily grown in average, well-drained soils in full sun. Although mature plants exhibit good drought resistance, plants grow best with regular moisture throughout the growing season. Extremely good heat tolerance. Sow seed directly in the garden after last frost date. Use ample amounts of seed since germination rate can be quite low. For earlier bloom, start seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost. Most nurseries carry plants in cell/six packs. Set seedlings or purchased plants out after last frost date. Pinch young plants to promote bushiness.
Gomphrena globosa, commonly called globe amaranth, is a compact annual that typically grows 12-24” tall on upright branching stems. The true flowers are insignificant, tiny, white to yellow trumpets that are only visible close up. It is the bright magenta bracts arranged in globose, papery-textured, clover-like flowerheads that provide the real show in a long summer to frost bloom. Cultivars expand the range of flowerhead colors to include red, pink, purple, lilac, violet and white. Long lasting fresh cut flower. Excellent dried flower (an everlasting) that retains color well. Narrow oblong to elliptic green leaves (to 4” long).
Genus name comes from the Latin name for a kind of amaranth, possibly this one, usually grown as an "everlasting".
Specific epithet means round or spherical.
No serious insect or disease problems. Taller plants may need staking. Mildew may attack drought-stressed plants.
Borders, rock gardens, cutting gardens, annual beds or containers. Also useful as an edger.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh