Giant Leopard Plant Farfugium Japonicum Seeds Da Wu Feng Cao
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 7-10. In the St. Louis area, plants should be grown in containers. Containers should be placed in part shade to almost full shade locations with protection from strong winds. Foliage will wilt in too much sun. When grown for foliage effect, some gardeners will remove the flowering stalks as they appear before bloom in order to emphasize the foliage quality. In areas where plants are winter hardy, they are best grown in humusy, organically rich, medium moisture soils in part shade to full shade. They prefer moist soils that never dry out, but tolerate less moisture than many of the related ligularias. Plants generally benefit from regular, deep watering in hot summers.
Farfugium japonicum, synonymous with and formerly known as Ligularia tussilagineaand Ligularia kaempferi, is a clump-forming perennial that is grown in gardens as much for its attractive foliage as for its autumn flowers. It is native to moist meadows and stream banks in Japan and eastern Asia. Its best ornamental feature may be the foliage which consists of huge, long-stalked, glossy, leathery, kidney-shaped, dark green leaves (12” or more across) that form a basal clump to 2’ tall. Leaves are evergreen in warm winter climates, but will die to the ground when temperatures fall to 20 degrees F. Daisy-like, yellow flowers (1-2” across) bloom in loose corymbs atop thick, mostly leafless stalks that rise above the foliage to 30” in late summer to fall.
Var. giganteum is very similar to the species except its leaves are larger (to 18” across).
Specific epithet means of Japan.
No serious insect or disease problems. Slugs and snails can significantly damage the foliage. Even with adequate moisture, leaf wilting may occur in hot summer climates, particularly when the plant is exposed to too much sun.
Grow in containers in the St. Louis area. Where winter hardy, group or mass in moist areas of shade or woodland gardens, borders, or along streams, ponds, pools or bog gardens.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh