Garden Verbena Verbena Hybrida Seeds Mei Nv Ying
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 9-10. In St. Louis, it is grown as an annual in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerates light shade, but best flowering usually occurs in full sun. Plants have good heat and drought tolerance. Avoid overhead watering to the extent possible. Most are seed strains that can be started indoors 8-10 weeks before last spring frost date. Plants may also be purchased in six packs from local nurseries. Place plants outdoors in spring after last frost date. Young plants may be pinched to promote bushier growth. Deadhead spent flowers to encourage additional bloom. Plants may decline in summer periods of prolonged hot and dry conditions. Cuttings may be taken in late summer and overwintered indoors. Containers may be overwintered indoors. Or new plants may simply be purchased or grown from seed each spring.
Verbena x hybrida, commonly called garden verbena, is a short-lived perennial that is grown in St. Louis as an annual. It is noted for its profuse bloom of small five-petaled flowers in rounded clusters (to 3” wide) from late spring to fall on plants ranging in size from mat-forming/trailing (to 10” tall) to bushy/upright (to 20: tall). Flower colors include blue, violet, purple, rose, dark red, yellow, white and bicolor. Some varieties are fragrant. Oblong toothed leaves (to 4” long) are gray-green to dark green.
Genus name comes from a Latin name used for some plants in religious ceremonies and also in medicine.
Specific epithet means hybrid.
No serious insect or disease problems.
Beds, borders, rock gardens, edging or annual ground cover. Window boxes and containers. Trailing types for hanging baskets.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh