Garden Balsam Impatiens Balsamina Seeds Feng Xian Hua
This species of impatiens is a true annual. It is easily grown in evenly moist, organically rich, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Best in part shade in the St. Louis area. Start seed indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost date or purchase selections in pots. Set out plants after last frost date. Consider pinching back stems of young plants when they reach about 4” tall. Plants may self-seed in the garden (sometimes very aggressively in tropical climates).
Impatiens balsamina, commonly called rose balsam or garden balsam, is an erect, sparsely-branched, tender annual that typically grows to 6-30” tall (depending on variety). Although an old garden favorite since at least Victorian times, it has been eclipsed in popularity in recent years by its close relative, the flat-flowered garden impatiens (Impatiens walleriana). Cup-shaped single to mostly double flowers (to 2” diameter) with incurved spurs come in various shades of pink, rose, red, purple, white and bicolor versions thereof. Flowers are often spotted. The double camellia-like cultivars are currently the most popular plants in the species. Flowers bloom singly or in small clusters (2-3) from the leaf axils throughout the growing season. Elliptic to lance-shaped, deeply serrate leaves (to 3.5” long) are light green.
Genus name comes from the Latin word impatiens meaning impatient in reference to the violent seed discharge from the ripe pods.
No serious insect or disease problems.
Shady beds, borders and woodland gardens. Edging along walks or paths. Containers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh