Fruit Tree Ziziphus Montana Seeds Shan Zao
山枣 shan zao
Trees or shrubs, to 14 m tall, spinose. Young and annual branches red-brown tomentose; branchlets brown or purple black, with conspicuous lenticels. Stipular spines 2, both erect, red-purple, 1-1.8 cm; petiole 7-15 mm, ± pilose at first, glabrescent; leaf blade abaxially pale green, adaxially green, elliptic, ovate-elliptic, or ovate, 5-8 × 3-4.5 cm, papery, abaxially ferruginous pubescent on major veins, adaxially glabrous, 3(or 5)-veined from base, veins prominent on both surfaces, midvein without conspicuous secondary veins, base asymmetric, subrounded, margin crenulate, apex obtuse or subrounded, rarely shortly acute. Flowers greenish, few to 10 crowded in axillary dichotomous cymes; peduncles 1-2 mm, densely pilose. Sepals triangular, ca. 2 mm, abaxially brownish pilose, apex acute. Petals obovate, subequal to sepals, clawed. Disk thick, fleshy, 5-lobed. Ovary globose, deeply immersed in disk; styles long, 2-branched. Drupe yellow-brown, globose or subglobose, 2.5-3 cm, 2-2.5 cm in diam., glabrous, concave at base; fruiting pedicel often curved, 6-12 mm, sparsely pilose; mesocarp 6-7 mm, thick, spongy; endocarp woody, wall 3-4 mm, 2-loculed, with 2 seeds. Seeds compressed, obovoid, 9-10 mm. Fl. Apr-Jun, fr. May-Aug.
Sparse forests in valleys, dry stony places; 1400-2600 m. SW and W Sichuan, E Xizang, NW Yunnan.
This species differs from Ziziphus mairei in having tomentose annual branches, leaf blade elliptic or ovate-elliptic, with an obtuse or subrounded apex, and mesocarp spongy and thicker than endocarp, not thickening at basal margin.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh