Flamingo Flower Anthurium Andraeanum Seeds Hong Zhang
Grow in St. Louis as a houseplant. Use a well-drained, peaty potting mixture with a layer of pot shards at the bottom. Plants need bright light (part or diffused sun in summer), but avoid full sun. In too much shade, plants may not bloom. Bright indirect light in winter is best. Consistent moisture year around. Soils must not be allowed to dry out. Does not require winter dormancy. Prefers high humidity. Regular temperatures in summer and minimum 60F in winter. Frequent repotting (every 2 years) helps rid soils of unabsorbed minerals. Sphagnum moss on soil surface helps cover and keep moist any roots that appear. Insecticides may harm flowers.
Anthurium andraeanum, commonly called flamingo lily or painter’s palette, is native to Columbia and Ecuador. It is an epiphytic evergreen tropical perennial of the Arum family that is most noted for its attractive waxy, palette-shaped, bright red spathes and contrasting dark green foliage. It typically grows to 16” tall. Drooping, heart-shaped, dark green leaves (to 8” long) arise in a clump on long stems from the plant crown and are attractive year around. Each axillary flower (typical arum family) features a creamy yellow spadix enclosed by a large, flat, waxy red spathe (to 6”). Flowers are long-lasting. Flowers may appear throughout the year in optimum growing conditions. Fruits rarely appear on indoor plants.
Genus name comes from the Greek words anthos meaning a flower and oura meaning a tail referring to the tail-like spadix.
No serious insect or disease problems. Watch for mealybugs, spider mites, white fly or scale. Foliage may scorch in dry or drafty locations. Rots, blight and leaf spot may occur.
Houseplant for bright, humid areas. Popular cut flower.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh