Everlasting Strawflower Helichrysum Bracteatum Seeds Mai Gan Ju
Annual. Easily grown in average, dry to medium, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerates light shade. Start seed indoors 6-8 weeks before last frost date. Set seedlings or purchased plants out after last frost date. Plants may self-seed in optimum growing conditions, but many of the cultivars will not come true from seed.
Xerochrysum bracteatum, commonly called strawflower, was formerly included in the genus Helichrysum or Bracteantha. It is a short-lived tender perennial or annual that is native to Australia where it grows in open grassland areas, often in sweeping drifts. In the St. Louis area, it is grown as an annual. It is considered to be one of the paper daises because it features daisy-like flowers (1-3” diameter) with central yellow disks surrounded by glossy, papery, rigid, petal-like bracts in yellow, orange, red, pink or white. Bracts have a straw-like texture, hence the common name. Although species plants may reach 5’ tall, the popular cultivars typically grow 2-3’ tall with some 12” tall dwarf varieties available. Blooms late spring to frost. Lance-shaped gray-green leaves (to 5” long). Strawflower is an everlasting (retains its color and shape as a dried flower) and is sometimes commonly called golden everlasting in reference thereto. It is commercially grown for the dried flower market. It is also a long-lasting fresh cut flower.
Genus name means dry-golden.
Specific epithet means having bracts.
No known serious insect or disease problems. Taller plants may need staking.
Dwarf varieties in rock gardens, for edging or in containers or window boxes. Taller varieties in borders. Excellent in cutting gardens for both fresh cut and dried flowers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh