Desert Rose Adenium Obesum Seeds Sha Mo Mei Gui
Winter hardy to USDA Zone 11. South of USDA Zone 11, plants should be grown in containers and overwintered indoors. In containers, desert rose is best grown in a loose, sandy or gravelly, well-drained soil mix in full sun. Plants have excellent heat tolerance. Apply regular moisture during periods of growth, but allow soils to dry between waterings. Regular applications of fertilizer in spring will help promote flowering. Plants can be left outdoors in sunny locations during the summer. As soon as temperatures begin to dip below 55 degrees F. in autumn, bring containers indoors to sunny but cool locations with reduced watering. Plants usually lose their leaves in winter and go into a dormancy-like period. For container plants, the best caudex usually develops from seed-grown plants.
Adenium obesum, commonly called desert rose, is a thick-stemmed sparsely-leaved perennial succulent that is native to semi- arid, sub-Saharan regions of eastern and southwestern Africa plus the Arabian peninsula. In the wild, this plant will eventually rise to 6-9' tall, but will grow much smaller in containers. It forms a broad, swollen, often grotesque caudex (usually partially buried underground) from which rise twisted leafless gray-green to brown branches. Leathery, spirally-arranged, fleshy, ovate, gray-green leaves (to 4" long) appear at the stem tips. Narrow, bell-shaped, salverform flowers (to 2" across), each with five spreading lobes and five protruding stamens, are red, pink or rose with white to pale yellow throats. In the wild, flowers bloom in summer with some irregular continued bloom throughout the year. As houseplants, flowers typically bloom only in summer. Milky plant sap is poisonous.
Genus name is the Latinized Arabic name aden used for Adenium obesum.
Specific epithet means fat or succulent.
No serious insect or disease problems. Sharp soil drainage is required to prevent possible onset of rots. Additional potential disease problems include fungal leaf spot. Mealybugs, scale and aphids are potential insect pests.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh