Dahurian Angelica Angelica Dahurica Seeds Bai Zhi
白芷 bai zhi
Plants perennial 1–2.5 m, stout. Root cylindric, brown, 3–5 cm thick, strongly aromatic. Stem purplish green, 2–5(–7–8) cm thick, ribbed, pubescent above. Basal and lower leaves long-petiolate, sheaths oblong-inflated, glabrous; blade triangular-ovate, 30–50 × 25–40 cm, 2–3-ternate-pinnate; leaflets sessile, oblong-elliptic to oblong-lanceolate, 4–10 × 1–4 cm, base slightly decurrent, margin white-cartilaginous and coarse-cuspidate-serrate, apex acute, pubescent along nerves adaxially. Upper leaves reduced, sheaths saccate-inflated, bladeless. Umbels 10–30 cm across; peduncles 5–20 cm, scabrous; bracts absent or 1–2, like uppermost leaves; rays 18–40(–70), short-hairy; bracteoles many, linear-lanceolate, scarious; pedicels many, scabrous. Calyx teeth obsolete. Petals white, obovate and notched. Ovary glabrous or pubescent. Fruit suborbicular, 4–7 × 4–6 mm; dorsal ribs prominent, obtusely thick-rounded, much wider than furrows, lateral ribs broad-winged; vittae 1 in each furrow, 2 on commissure. Fl. Jul–Aug, fr. Aug–Sep.
Forest margins, valley grasslands, streamsides; 500–1000 m. Hebei, Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Shaanxi, N Taiwan [Japan, Korea, Russia (Siberia)].
This species is widely cultivated in N China, where the roots are used as the important traditional Chinese medicine “bai zhi” and as a substitute, known as “dong bei da huo,” for the traditional Chinese medicine “du huo” (see Angelica biserrata). Two cultivars are common: A. dahurica ‘Hangbaizhi’ and A. dahurica ‘Qibaizhi.’
1 Ovary and fruit glabrous (NE China). 45a var. dahurica
+ Ovary and fruit pubescent (Taiwan). 45b var. formosana
Angelica dahurica var. dahurica
Angelica dahurica var. formosana (H. de Boissieu) Yen
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh