Common Zinnia Zinnia Elegans Seeds Bai Ri Cao
Annual. Easily grown in humusy, evenly moist, well-drained soils in full sun. Sow seed directly in the ground after last frost date and, if desired, at 2-3 week intervals thereafter until the end of June to insure a good season-long bloom. For earlier spring bloom, start seed indoors 4-6 weeks before last frost date. Some varieties are widely available in cell/six packs from nurseries (small plants that have not yet flowered are best). Plant disease-resistant varieties in hot and humid summer climates such as the St. Louis area. Set out seedlings and purchased plants after last frost date. Pinch young plants to promote compact, bushy form. Good air circulation helps prevent onset of fungal leaf diseases. Deadhead spent flowers to promote additional bloom and maintain plant appearance.
Zinnia elegans, known as common zinnia, is an old garden favorite with may cultivars available. They are bushy, leafy annuals that typically grow 1-3’ (less frequently to 4’) tall on upright, hairy, branching stems. They feature continuous summer to fall bloom in cool summer climates, but may slow down some at the peak of a typical St. Louis summer, particularly if attacked by fungal diseases. Many flower forms (single, semi-double and double) and colors (shades of red, yellow, orange, pink, rose, lavender, green and white) are available. Sizes range from small-flowered dwarfs (to 6” tall) to large-flowered giants (to 4’ tall). Ovate to lance-shaped, opposite leaves (to 5” long) clasp the stems. Excellent fresh cut flower.
Genus name honors Johann Gottfried Zinn (1727-1759), professor of botany, Gottingen.
Specific epithet means elegant.
Susceptible to powdery mildew, leaf spots, root rots, blight and Botrytis. Watch for Japanese beetles.
Mixed borders, beds, cottage gardens, cutting gardens and containers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh