Common Rue Ruta Graveolens Seeds Yun Xiang
Easily grown in moderately fertile, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Plants tolerate some light shade. Plants also tolerate poor soils as long as they are sharply drained. Drought tolerant once established. Plants perform well in hot and dry sites. Avoid wet soils. Winter mulch is important in the northern parts of this plant’s growing range. Prune back plants to old wood in early spring. Propagate by seed or cuttings.
Ruta graveolens, commonly called rue, is native to southern Europe. It is a glabrous, glaucous, woody-based, shrubby perennial with aromatic, fern-like, compound leaves. It typically grows in a mound to 2-3’ tall. In some parts of the U.S. (particularly the northeast), it has escaped gardens and naturalized along roads, fields and disturbed areas. Notwithstanding its many historical uses, it is primarily grown today for ornamental purposes. Pinnately divided, blue green leaves (to 3-5” long) have oblong/spatulate segments. Foliage has a pungent aroma when bruised and leaves have a bitter taste. Small, 4- to 5-petaled, dull yellow flowers in clusters (flattened corymbs) bloom above the foliage in early summer. Fruit is a brown seed capsule. Ornamental value lies in the delicate blue green foliage. Rue was historically used for a large number of medicinal purposes, but effectiveness and safety concerns now discourage such uses. Leaves are toxic if ingested. Handling plants may cause dermatitis.
Genus name comes from the Latin word meaning bitterness or unpleasantness.
Specific epithet means heavenly scented.
No serious insect or disease problems. Root rot may occur, particularly in poorly drained soils. Wear long sleeves and gloves when pruning or handling the foliage.
Borders, rock gardens and herb gardens. Interesting low edging plant.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh