Chinese Pistache Pistacia Chinensis Seeds Huang Lian Mu
Grow in moist, organically rich, well-drained soils in full sun. Tolerates light shade, but best in full sun. Tolerates heat, drought and a wide range of soils. Proper pruning in early years is necessary to create a symmetrical tree with good form. Best planted in protected locations in the St. Louis area which is at the northern growing limit for this tree.
Pistacia chinensis, commonly called pistachio or Chinese pistache, is native to China, Taiwan and the Philippines. It is a small deciduous tree that typically grows to 30-35’ (less frequently to 60’) tall with an oval rounded crown. Foliage consists of compound, even-pinnate, dark green leaves (to 10” long), each leaf typically having 10-12 lanceolate leaflets (to 4” long). Foliage is aromatic when bruised. Fall color is variable but often appears in quality shades of yellow, orange and red. Trees are dioecious (separate male and female trees), with flowers appearing in April in visible but somewhat inconspicuous green panicles. Pollinized flowers on female trees give rise to red-ripening-to-blue spherical fruits (drupes to 1/4” diameter) that ripen in fall. Drupes are inedible (Pistacia vera produces the edible pistachio nuts). Gray-brown bark peels to reveal salmon inner bark. Plants have naturalized in small areas of California, Texas, Alabama and Georgia.
Genus name honors Dutch naturalist and physician William Piso (d. 1648).
Specific epithet means of China.
No serious insect or disease problems. Susceptible to verticillium wilt.
Street tree. Shade tree. Small landscape specimen for patio or garden.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh