Chinese Lacquer Tree Toxicodendron Vernicifluum Seeds Qi Shu
漆树 qi shu
Rhus verniciflua Stokes, Bot. Mat. Med. 2: 164. 1812; R. succedanea Linnaeus var. himalaica J. D. Hooker; R. succedanea var. silvestrii Pampanini; R. vernicifera Candolle, p.p.; Toxicodendron verniciferum (Candolle) F. A. Barkley; T. vernicifluum var. shaanxiense J. Z. Zhang & Z. Y. Shang.
Deciduous trees to 20 m tall; branchlets yellowish brown pubescent. Petiole 7-14 cm, inflated at base, petiole and rachis minutely pubescent; leaf blade imparipinnately compound, 15-30 cm; leaflets 9-13, opposite; leaflet petiolule 4-7 mm, pubescent; leaflet blade ovate to ovate-elliptic or oblong, 6-13 × 3-6 cm, membranous to papery, adaxially glabrous or minutely pubescent along midrib, abaxially yellow pubescent, base oblique, rounded or broadly cuneate, margin entire, apex acute or acuminate, lateral veins 10-15 pairs, prominent on both surfaces. Inflorescence paniculate, 15-30 cm, grayish yellow minutely pubescent, with slender branches. Pedicel 1-3 mm, shorter and more robust in female flowers. Calyx lobes ovate, ca. 0.8 mm, apically obtuse, glabrous. Petals yellowish green, oblong, ca. 2.5 × 1.2 mm, with brown featherlike venation pattern. Stamens ca. 2.5 mm; filaments equal to anthers in length, shorter in female flower; anthers oblong. Disk 5-lobed. Ovary globose, glabrous; styles 3. Infructescence pendulous; drupe symmetrical, 5-6 × 7-8 mm, glabrous; epicarp thin, indehiscent; mesocarp thick, waxy, with brown longitudinal resin ducts; endocarp ca. 3 × 5 mm. Fl. May-Jun, fr. Jul-Oct.
Hill and mountain forests; 800-2800 m. Anhui, Fujian, Gansu, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Liaoning, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanxi, Sichuan, Xizang, Yunnan, Zhejiang [India, Japan, Korea].
This species is a main source of varnish used in the manufacture of lacquer-ware.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh