Chinese Kale Brassica Alboglabra Seeds Gai Lan
How to Grow Chinese Kale 芥蓝
Chinese kale, or Brassica alboglabra, is a plant that more closely resembles broccoli than kale. The stems are longer and the heads are smaller than those of broccoli. Chinese kale and broccoli produce similar large yellow flowers. Commercial growers cultivate Chinese kale as a food crop, and home gardeners also raise it a garden vegetable. The procedure for growing Chinese kale is generally the same for all cool-weather plants in the Brassica genus.
60-70 days. Chinese kale, also called Chinese broccoli, Kailaan, or Gai Lan can be substituted for regular broccoli in many recipes — its unique flavor will win you over! Chinese kale is easy to grow, and will tolerate heat better than many kale and broccoli varieties. High in calcium, iron, vitamins A and C. Very popular for stir-fry dishes — can also be steamed or boiled. For a gourmet treat, lightly sauté the thinned seedlings!
1.Select a planting site with rich, well-drained soil. The soil pH should be slightly acidic to neutral. Chinese kale grows best in full sun for cooler climates, but it may benefit from afternoon shade in warmer climates.
2.Plant Chinese kale whenever you anticipate two months of cool weather, with daytime temperatures between 60 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit. This generally means you should plant Chinese kale in spring for cool climates and fall for warm climates.
3.Plant the Chinese kale seeds 1 inches deep in the soil. Space the seeds 1 inch apart, and separate the rows by 1 foot. Water the seedbed immediately after planting.
4.Water the seedbed often enough to keep the soil moist. The seeds should sprout in about two weeks. Remove the smaller seedlings as they grow to maintain a spacing of about 6 inches.
5.Place aged compost around the Chinese kale plants once they reach a height of 6 inches. This keeps dirt off the plant's leaves.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh