Chinese Astilbe Astilbe Chinensis Seeds Luo Xin Fu
Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in part shade to full shade. Prefers moist, humusy, organically rich soils. Soils must not be allowed to dry out. If regularly watered, foliage will usually remain attractive throughout the growing season. A summer compost mulch helps retain soil moisture. This Chinese astilbe variety is noted for having better sun and drought tolerance than most x arendsii hybrids. Removing faded flower stalks will not prolong bloom but may improve plant appearance, particularly if a ground cover look is desired. On the other hand, many gardeners leave the flower stalks in place after bloom because of the continuing ornamental interest of the dried seed heads. Divide clumps when overcrowding occurs (every 3-4 years).
Astilbe chinensis, commonly called Chinese astilbe, is clump-forming perennials which feature graceful, fern-like mounds of mostly basal, 2-3 ternately compound leaves, usually with sharply-toothed leaflets, and tiny flowers densely packed into erect to arching, plume-like flower panicles rising above the foliage on slender, upright stems. Chinese astilbes are slowly spreading, rhizomatous plants which bloom later than the Arendsii hybrids and generally feature hairy, biserrate, elliptic-oval, 3-ternate leaflets.
Genus name comes from the Greek words a meaning without and stilbe meaning brightness in reference to the dull leaves of some species.
Specific epithet means of China.
‘Visions’ is a compact cultivar which features a foliage mound (to 9” tall) of bronze-green leaves and thick panicles of raspberry flowers on 12-15” tall stems in late spring to early summer.
No serious insect or disease problems. Foliage decline (leaves brown up) may occur in hot summers and/or periods of drought if soils are not kept moist. Although Chinese astilbes have better drought tolerance than most other astilbes, they still do best with uniformly moist soils.
Mass or group in shade gardens, woodland gardens and shaded areas of border fronts and cottage gardens. Also effective on pond or stream banks. Foundations.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh