China Aster Callistephus Chinensis Seeds Cui Ju
Cool weather annual. Easily grown in rich, consistently moist, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Start seed indoors 6-8 weeks before last spring frost date. Set seedlings and/or purchased starter plants out after last frost date. In the alternative, sow seed directly in the garden after last frost date with several additional plantings thereafter at two week intervals. Day-neutral plants will bloom earlier. Do not allow soils to dry out. Plants appreciate good air circulation. Tall flowers may need staking or other support.
Callistephus chinensis, commonly called China aster, is a popular annual that provides showy, 3-5-inch diameter blooms from early summer to fall on plants clad with ovate, toothed, medium green leaves. Species plants are infrequently grown because of the huge number of superior cultivars that have arisen over the years. Cultivar height ranges from 8-inch dwarfs to 36-inch tall plants. Cultivar appearance varies from single daisy-like flower heads with yellow centers to fully double flower heads with shaggy to pompom form. Cultivar colors include shades of white to pink, red, blue, violet, purple and yellow.
Genus name comes from the Greek words kalli- meaning beautiful and stephos meaning a crown in reference to the flowers.
Specific epithet means Chinese
Aphids and spider mites may appear. Plants are susceptible to some significant disease problems including (1) aster yellows (spray if necessary to control leafhoppers), (2) aster wilt and (3) stem rot. Site plants in different locations from year to prevent transmission of diseases from the soil. Dig up and destroy diseased plants.
Beds, borders, cottage gardens, cutting gardens or pots/containers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh