Chebula Myrobalan Terminalia Chebula Seeds He Zi
诃子 he zi
Trees to 30 m tall; trunk to 1 m d.b.h. Bark grayish black to gray, coarsely split and thick. Branchlets conspicuously white or yellowish long lenticellate, glabrous, or tomentose or appressed villous at least when young, hairs tawny, rarely silvery. Leaves alternate or subopposite, spaced along branchlets; petiole 1-3 cm, moderately stout, with 2(-4) glands 1-5 mm below apex; leaf blade elliptic, 7-18 × 4.5-10 cm, both surfaces glabrous, or appressed (and rarely silvery) villous at least when young, base obtuse-rounded or cuneate, oblique, apex mucronate; lateral veins in 6-12 pairs. Inflorescences axillary or terminal, simple spikes, 5-10 cm, numerous flowered, sometimes grouped at branchlet apex and forming a panicle; axis glabrous or sparsely hairy, with denser hairs near base of flowers. Flowers slightly fragrant, bisexual. Calyx tube distally cupular, 2.5-3.5 mm, abaxially glabrous, adaxially tawny tomentose; lobes 5, apex mucronate to aristate. Stamens 10, exserted, 3-4 mm. Fruit not stipitate, blackish brown when ripe, ovoid or broadly so, ellipsoid, or cylindric-ovoid, obtusely 5-ridged, 2-4.5 × 1.2-2.5 cm, rigid, becoming deeply wrinkled when dry, glabrous. Fl. May-Jun, Sep, fr. Jul-Dec. 2n = 24, 48, 72.
Sparse forests, secondary bamboo forests, sunny forest margins, thickets, also cultivated on village commons; below 500 to 1800 m. Native in W Yunnan; cultivated in Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi (Nanning), and Taiwan (Nantou) [Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Laos, Malaysia (introduced), Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam].
The fruit yields a black dye used to dye cloth, at least in Guangdong.
1 Branchlets and both surfaces of leaf blade glabrous, or tawny tomentose only when young. 4a var. chebula
+ Branchlets and both surfaces of leaf blade appressed tawny villous or densely appressed silvery tomentose at least when young. 4b var. tomentella
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh