Bristly Locust Robinia Hispida Seeds Mao Yang Huai
Grow in average, dry to medium moisture, well-drained soil in full sun. Prefers organically rich soils, but tolerates poor, dry soils.
Robinia hispida, commonly called rose locust or rose acacia, is a showy-flowering, deciduous shrub which typically grows variably from 2-10' tall. In the wild, it can aggressively spread by suckering, but in cultivation, nurseries often graft it to the roots of R. pseudoacacia (black locust) which results in a much less aggressive plant. May be trained or topgrafted to form a small tree. Rose to pale purple flowers appear in 2-4" long, pendulous racemes in May. Compound pinnate, medium to dark green foliage (7-15 leaflets). Flowers are infrequently followed by bristly, purple seed pods (to 3" long). Branches, petioles, flower stalks and fruits are hispid (stiffly hairy) as the species name suggests, thus giving rise to another common name of bristly locust. Steyermark lists this southeastern U.S. native as a garden escape in Platte and Howell counties in Missouri.
Genus name honors Jean Robin (1550-1629), of Paris, gardener to Henri IV and Louis XIII of France, who received new plants from Canada.
Specific epithet means bristly or stiffly hairy.
Borers can be a significant problem. Leaf spot, powdery mildew, canker, scale and leaf miner are lesser potential problems. Branches are susceptible to damage from heavy winter snows and ice storms.
Excellent flowers and foliage. Specimen or screen. Good plant for stabilizing embankments and slopes and for planting in poor, dry soils. Interesting informal hedge.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh