Brassica Oleracea Purple Cabbage Seeds Zi Gan Lan
Easily grown in organically rich, consistently moist, well-drained loams in full sun. Cabbage is typically grown in the cool temperatures of spring or fall. It needs cool temperatures to produce the best crop. Plants generally grow poorly when daytime temperatures consistently exceed 80 degrees F. For spring planting, sow seed indoors 6-8 weeks before the last spring frost date or sow seed outdoors about 4 weeks prior to the last spring frost date. In the alternative, transplants may be purchased from local nurseries. In either case, seedlings/transplants may be planted outdoors 1-2 weeks prior to last spring frost date. For fall harvest, sow seed indoors about July 1 and plant the seedlings outdoors in mid-August or sow seed directly in the garden in early to mid-July. Generally transplants (from home grown seed or from nurseries) should be planted about 12-18" apart in rows that are 2' apart. Keep plants consistently moist. Apply mulch around plants to protect the shallow roots, reduce weeds and retain soil moisture. Cabbages may be picked after the firm heads form. Rotate crops to avoid soil borne diseases.
Brassica oleracea (Capitata Group), commonly known as cabbage, is a cool weather vegetable that is grown for harvest of its edible leaves. It is a biennial that is grown in St. Louis as an annual. It produces a dense 3-4 pound head of cabbage in 80 days during the first year of its biennial life. Capitata Group includes several different types of cabbage, primarily including those with green leaves, those with red leaves and those with wrinkled leaves (Savoy). Cabbage is in the same species as a number of other cool season vegetables including kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and kohlrabi.
Genus name comes from the classical Latin name for cabbage.
Specific epithet means of the vegetable garden.
Potential insect problems include cabbageworms, cabbage loopers, flea beetles, caterpillars, thrips, slugs and aphids. Root maggots may be a problem in some areas. Watch for leaf spots, blackleg, black rot and yellows.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh