Bird Cherry Prunus Padus Seeds Chou Li
Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Adaptable to a wide range of soils.
Prunus padus, commonly called European birdcherry, is a deciduous ornamental cherry tree that typically grows 20-40’ tall with a rounded crown. Fragrant white flowers in pendulous 3-6” long clusters (racemes) appear after the foliage emerges in spring. Flowers are followed by astringent, pea-sized, black cherries which ripen in mid-summer. As with the closely-related chokecherry (Prunus virginiana), the fruit is extremely bitter to humans but loved by birds. Serrate, dull dark green leaves (to 4” long) are elliptic to obovate. Foliage turns yellow in fall.
Genus name from Latin means plum or cherry tree.
Specific epithet is the Greek name of a wild cherry.
No serious insect or disease problems. Potential diseases include leaf spot, canker and black knot. Potential insects include aphids, scale, borers and to a lesser degree tent caterpillars.
Spring flowers are the best ornamental feature. Medium-sized tree for sunny landscape areas. Street tree.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh