Bellflower Beardtongue Penstemon Campanulatus Seeds Diao Zhong Liu
Easily grown in average, dry to medium, well-drained soils in full sun. Plants have excellent tolerance for drought. Avoid wet, poorly-drained soils. Remove spent flowering racemes to prolong bloom. Plants may be cut back to basal foliage after flowering to improve appearance of the planting.
Penstemon campanulatus, commonly known as penstemon, is a compact, evergreen to semi-evergreen perennial or sub-shrub that typically grows to 12-24” tall and to 18” wide. It is native to Mexico. Two-lipped, bell-shaped, purple-pink to violet flowers (to 1” long) in spikes bloom summer to first frost (sometimes year round in the native habitat) on erect wiry stems clad with narrow, serrate, lanceolate, dark green leaves (to 4” long).
This species is a parent of a number of hybrids, often referred to as campanulatus hybrids, which are commonly sold in a variety of different flower colors.
Genus name comes from the Greek words penta meaning five and stemon meaning stamen in reference to each flower having five stamens (four are fertile and one is sterile).
Specific epithet comes from the Latin word campana meaning bell in reference to flower shape.
Penstemons are sometimes commonly called beardtongues because the sterile stamen (technically a bearded staminode) has a tuft of small hairs.
No serious insect or disease problems. Root rot can occur in wet, poorly-drained soils. Leaf spots and rusts may also occur.
Sunny areas of borders, rock gardens, cottage gardens and open woodland areas.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh