Beauty Bush Kolkwitzia Amabilis Seeds Wei Shi
Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Foliage of this cultivar reportedly produces best color in sun-filtered part shade locations. Prune out dead wood as needed. Shrub stems tend to become dense and overgrown after several years, in which case thinning stems or cutting back all stems to the ground may be advisable. Hard prunings to the ground may be performed in late winter or immediately after flowering. Plants bloom on old wood, so hard pruning in late winter will result in loss of bloom for the season, but plants stems will grow taller during the season.
Kolkwitzia amabilis, commonly called beautybush, is a member of the honeysuckle family. It is closely related to Weigela and Diervilla. It is primarily grown for its outstanding spring flowers. It is a deciduous shrub that typically grows 6-10’ tall with an arching, vase-shaped habit. Bell-shaped, pink flowers with yellow throats appear in clusters (corymbs to 3” wide) in a profuse mid-spring bloom (late April to early May in St. Louis). Flowers are followed by capsule-like fruits that usually persist on the plants. Broad-ovate dark green leaves (to 3” long) turn an undistinguished yellow in fall. Exfoliating bark on mature stems provides some winter interest.
Genus name honors Richard Kolkwitz (b. 1873), professor of botany in Berlin c. 1900.
Specific epithet means lovely.
No significant insect or disease problems.
May be massed or grown as a screen or hedge on larger properties. Marginally ornamental for use as a specimen in lawns, shrub borders or foundations.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh