Bamboo Palm Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens Seeds San Wei Kui
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 10-11 where it is best grown in rich, moist but well-drained soils in bright part shade areas. Tolerates full sun. Houseplants prefer consistent moisture in mostly sunny exposures with high humidity. Direct full sun indoors may scorch the foliage. Houseplants dislike temperatures that drop below 60 degrees F.
Dypsis lutescens, commonly called bamboo palm, butterfly palm or areca palm, is native to moist forest areas in Madagascar. Although endangered in its native habitat, it is commonly available in commerce throughout the world for outdoor plantings (where winter hardy) or as a houseplant. This multi-stemmed palm is now considered to be the most popular palm sold as a houseplant. Outdoors it will typically grow to 12-30' tall. Multiple-ringed, cane-like, yellow stems grow from the base of the plant in clusters. Stems sometimes resemble bamboo when suckers are removed, hence the common name of bamboo palm. Stems are topped with pinnate, upward-curving, light green leaves (to 3-6' long) with yellow midribs. Each leaf has 40-60 1/2 to 3/4" lance-shaped leaflets per side. Yellow flowers bloom in summer in panicles to 2' long. Flowers are not particularly showy. Flowers are followed by small yellow-orange fruits (each to 1/2" long) that mature to nearly black. Another common name for this palm is golden cane palm in reference to its yellow stems.
Synonymous with and formerly known as Chrysalidocarpus lutescens.
Specific epithet means turning yellow in reference to the yellow flowers, stems and leaf midribs.
No serious insect or disease problems. Lethal yellowing is a significant and deadly phytoplasma disease of palms (spread by planthoppers) that may occur on plants grown outdoors. Insect pests include scale and whiteflies. Watch for spider mites.
Where winter hardy, it may be grown in groups as a landscape specimen. Excellent screen, informal hedge or privacy wall. Very popular indoor houseplant.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh