Balsa Mienie Nemesia Strumosa Seeds Long Mian Hua
Nemesias are difficult to grow well in many parts of the U. S. because of their preference for moderate daytime temperatures and cool nights. They detest hot and humid summer conditions. In St. Louis, nemesias are primarily grown as cool weather annuals in humusy, evenly moist, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Best performance is in full sun, however these cool weather lovers will bloom longer into the hot St. Louis summer if given some part afternoon shade. When plants do succumb to the hot weather, cut them back for a possible fall bloom or remove them from the garden. Start seeds indoors 8-10 weeks before last frost date or purchase starter plants. Set out seedlings/starter plants at last frost date. Seed should not be sown directly in the ground in spring in the St. Louis climate.
Nemesias are tender perennials, annuals and sub-shrubs that are mostly native to southern Africa. In the U. S., cultivars of Nemesia strumosa (many of which are actually hybrids between N. strumosa and N. versicolor) are commonly grown as flowering cool weather annuals. These plants typically grow to 6-12” tall. Plants have lance-shaped, sometimes toothed, green leaves (to 3” long) in pairs on four-sided stems and two-lipped tubular flowers in short terminal racemes. Each corolla has a pouch or pinched spur at the base. Flower colors include cream, yellow, orange, pink, red, brown, blue (most colors except green) and sometimes bi-color (upper and lower lips of different colors). Flowers bloom spring to fall in northern cool summer climates, but spring to early summer in St. Louis.
Genus name comes from the Greek name nemesion for a similar plant.
No serious insect or disease problems. Root rot may occur in poorly drained soils.
Beds, mixed borders, rock gardens or containers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh