African Daisy Osteospermum Ecklonis Seeds Nan Fei Wan Shou Ju
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 10-11. In St. Louis, plants are grown as annuals in average, loose, moderately fertile, evenly moist, well-drained soils in full sun. Plants generally dislike hot and humid summers. Purchase new plants in spring or plant seed cultivars indoors about 6-8 weeks prior to last spring frost date. Deadhead spent flowers to prolong bloom.
Many of the plants sold today under the name of African daisy or osteospermum are cultivars and hybrids derived from O. ecklonis, O. jucundum and several other species. As a group, these plants are frost-tender subshrubs or herbaceous perennials that feature daisy-like flowers on upright stems rising to 1-3’ tall. Stems are clad with lanceolate green leaves having entire, lobed or toothed margins. Each flower features a center disk of tiny tubular flowers surrounded by fertile, petal-like ray flowers in a variety of colors including shades of white, pink and yellow. In cool summer climates, flowers bloom freely from spring to fall frost. In hot summer climates, flowers bloom well in spring to early summer, but decline rapidly with the onset of consistently hot summer temperatures. Fruits are seed-like achenes. Genus name comes from the Greek words osteo (bone) and sperma(seed) in reference to the hard seeds of the plant.
Genus name comes from the Greek osteo meaning bone and sperma meaning a seed for its hard seeds.
No serious insect or disease problems. Watch for aphids. Mildew and verticillium wilt may occur.
Beds and borders. Containers.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh