Japanese Mustard Wasabia Japonica Seeds Shan Kui
Eutrema wasabi (Siebold) Maximowicz, Bull. Acad. Imp. Sci. Saint-Pétersbourg, sér. 3. 17: 283. 1873.
山葵 shan kui
Cochlearia wasabi Siebold, Verh. Batav. Genootsch. Kunst. Wet. 12: 54. 1832; Alliaria wasabi (Siebold) Prantl; Eutrema japonicum (Miquel) Koidzumi; E. koreanum (Nakai) K. Hammer; E. okinosimense Takenouchi; Lunaria japonica Miquel; Wasabia japonica (Miquel) Matsumura; W. koreana Nakai; W. pungens Matsumura; W. wasabi (Siebold) Makino.
Herbs 20-60(-75) cm tall, glabrous or sparsely pilose on upper parts; rhizomes fleshy, to 3 cm in diam. Stems erect or decumbent, simple. Basal leaves rosulate; petiole (6-)10-20(-26) cm, dilated at base; leaf blade cordate or reniform, (2.5-)6-15(-20) × (3-)6-18(-22) cm, base cordate, margin dentate, denticulate, shallowly crenate, repand, or subentire, with distinct apiculate callosities terminating ultimate veins, apex rounded or obtuse. Middle cauline leaves with petioles 1-5(-8) cm; leaf blade broadly ovate to ovate-cordate, 1.5-4(-6) × 2-4(-6) cm, palmately veined, base and margin as in basal leaves, apex acute. Infructescence lax raceme, bracteate throughout or basally. Fruiting pedicels ascending or divaricate, slender, 1-3.5(-5) cm. Sepals oblong, 3-4 × 2-2.5 mm, caducous. Petals white, oblong-spatulate, 6-8(-9) × 2-3 mm. Filaments white, 3.5-5 mm; anthers oblong, 0.6-0.8 mm. Ovules 6-8 per ovary. Fruit linear, 1-2 cm × 1.5-2 mm, terete, torulose; valves with an obscure midvein; gynophore (1-)2-5 mm; septum usually complete; style 2-3 mm. Seeds oblong, plump, 2-3 × 1-1.5 mm. Fl. Mar-May, fr. May-Jun.
Cultivated, also naturalized in wet areas along streams in mountains; near sea level to 2500 m. Taiwan [native to Japan, Korea, ?Russia (Far East)].
This species is cultivated for its edible rhizomes, which are the source of the pungent condiment wasabi.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh