Dragon Spruce Picea Asperata Seeds Yun Shan
云杉 yun shan
Trees to 45 m tall; trunk to 1 m d.b.h.; bark grayish brown, furrowed into irregular, rough, scaly plates; branchlets initially brownish yellow or reddish brown, turning brown or brownish gray in 2nd or 3rd year, pubescent or glabrous; winter buds conical or ovoid-conical, resinous, scales appressed or slightly recurved in apical buds, ± recurved at base of branchlets, keeled. Leaf cushions glaucous, rigid. Leaves directed forward or ascending on upper side of branchlets, parted and spreading laterally on lower side, glaucous or not, linear, slightly curved, ± quadrangular-rhombic in cross section, 1-2 cm × 1-2 mm, stomatal lines 4-8 along each surface, apex acute or slightly pungent. Seed cones green, maturing pale brown or reddish brown, cylindric-oblong or cylindric, 5-16 × 2.5-3.5 cm, apex obtuse. Seed scales at middle of cones obovate, ca. 2 × 1.5 cm, margin entire or denticulate, apex rarely 2-lobed. Seeds obovoid, ca. 4 mm; wing pale brown, obovate-oblong, ca. 1.1 cm. Pollination Apr-May, seed maturity Sep-Oct.
Mountains, river basins; 2400-3600 m. E and S Gansu, N Ningxia, Qinghai, SW Shaanxi, Sichuan, SE Xizang
The timber is used for construction, aircraft, railway sleepers, furniture, and wood fiber. The trunk is used for producing resin, and the roots, branches, and leaves for producing aromatic oils.
1 Seed scales 2-lobed at apex 4c var. heterolepis
+ Seed scales entire or rarely slightly denticulate. (2)
2 (1) Leaves not glaucous, slender, apex acute.or obtuse-acute; branchlets not glaucous, pubescent or glabrous 4a var. asperata
+ Leaves glaucous, stout, apex somewhat pungent; branchlets glaucous and glabrous 4b var. aurantiaca
Picea asperata var. asperata
Picea asperata var. aurantiaca (Masters) Boom
Picea asperata var. heterolepis (Rehder & E. H. Wilson) Rehder
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh