Coix Lacryma-jobi Coix Chinensis Seeds Yi Yi
薏苡 yi yi
Annual. Culms erect, robust, 1–3 m tall, more than 10-noded, branched. Leaves cauline; leaf sheaths shorter than internodes, glabrous; leaf blades linear-lanceolate, usually glabrous, 10–40 × 1.5–7 cm, midvein stout, base subrounded or cordate, margins scabrous, apex acute; ligule 0.6–1.2 mm. Male raceme 1.5–4 cm, spikelets in pairs with terminal triad; utricle ovoid to cylindrical, usually bony, shiny, 7–11 × 6–10 mm, white, bluish or gray-brown, sometimes with apical beak. Male spikelets oblong-ovate, 6–9 mm; glumes many-veined, lower glume winged on keels, wings 0.4–0.8 mm wide, wing margin ciliolate; anthers 4–5 mm. Fl. and fr. Jun–Dec. 2n = 20.
Streams, marshy valleys, moist fields, by houses, often cultivated. Anhui, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hainan, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Liaoning, Nei Mongol, Ningxia, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanxi, Sichuan, Taiwan, Xinjiang, Yunnan, Zhejiang [Bhutan, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam].
This species is now widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions of the world (Job's Tears). There are many variants, of which the following are the most distinct.
1 Utricle cylindrical or bottle-shaped, much longer than broad. 1b var. stenocarpa
+ Utricle spherical to ovoid (2)
2 (1) Utricle soft, striate. 1d var. ma-yuen
+ Utricle bony, polished (3)
3 (2) Utricle ovoid, 7–11 mm long. 1a var. lacryma-jobi
+ Utricle globose, 4–5 mm in diam. 1c var. puellarum
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh