Aubergine Eggplant Solanum Melongena Seeds Zi Qie Zi
Eggplants are cold-sensitive and require a long warm season for best results. Plant seeds in sunny warm location in peat pots 8 to 10 weeks before transplanting into garden after all danger of frost is past and night temperatures are consistently at or above 65 degrees F. Eggplant roots are subject to cold damage and plants seldom recover from cold snaps. Plant in full sun in fertile, well-drained soil. Do not permit seedlings or young plants to suffer from low temperature or drought. Mulching between plants is useful. Space plants 18 to 24" apart with 30 to 36" between rows. Plants thrive in the heat of summer. Depending on the size of fruit you wish to harvest, pinch out terminal growth and blossoms to allow up to 6 fruits to mature or allow all fruits to set and harvest when small. For mature fruits, harvest after some color appears but always while fruits still have their glossy shine.
Sometimes resembling little trees, these robust-sized plants up to 3' high and almost that wide can have purple-tinged green leaves, drooping violet 1 1/2-inch flowers and, depending on the cultivar, fruits from grape to almost football size in white, yellow, red, green, violet or purple.
Genus name appears to come from the Latin word solamen meaning comfort, solace, or soothing in reference to the purported sedative and healing effects obtained from application of the leaves of some genus plants to cuts, wounds, inflammations or skin problems.
Specific epithet refers to the melon-shaped fruit.
Subject to problems similar to other Solanaceae crops (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers), including Verticillium wilt. Avoid these problems by planting resistant cultivars and rotating with non-Solanaceae crops. Flea beetles, tomato hornworms, Colorado potato beetles and cutworms can be problems.
Eggplants can be prepared in many ways -- in stews, roasted or grilled, sauteed, stir-fried, breaded and fried, baked, pickled or stuffed. They can be spectacular centerpieces in large containers and very effective in flower garden settings.
We Guarantee Your Purchases Will Be Delivered On-time and As Described
Quanzhou City, Fujian Province, China
This Store Has Been Open Since Apr 12, 2013
1. When you’ve found a product you like, make sure you check product specifications such as size and color. You can also find more detailed information, such as sizing tables, if you scroll down the product detail page.
2. Some sellers also offer coupons. You can find them in their store and the product detail pages.
3. When you’re ready to place your order, you can click “Buy Now” and continue to the checkout, or you can add the product to your cart first and continue shopping.
4. If you want buy all the items in your cart, simply click “Buy All” to place your order
Note: once the order has been paid, you are unable to change the shipping address. However, you can contact the seller to send him/her any updates.
Share this Product
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh